Ms Hoa TOEIC hôm nay giới thiệu bạn part 3 của Meeting Indiom. Để sử dụng thành thạo các thành ngữ này bạn phải chịu khó luyện tập và ứng dụng trong đời sống hàng ngày, trong giao tiếp với đối tác, đồng nghiệp. Sau đây là một số thuật ngữ hay dùng trong giao tiếp.Out of order
- against the rules - used in a meeting when someone does not obey the rules of speaking
The question was out of order at the meeting and the man was not able to ask it.
Put (something) on the table
- to make something the topic of discussion
We put the issue of the new schedule on the table for discussion.
Robert's Rules of Order
- the official book of guidelines and rules about how to conduct a meeting.
We always use Robert's Rules of Order when we have a meeting.
Rule (someone) out of order
- to rule that someone is not following the rules of a meeting
The chairwoman ruled the salesman out of order when he began to speak at the meeting.
Run a meeting
- to conduct a meeting
My boss is not able to run a meeting very well.
Second a motion
- to formally agree with a proposal in a meeting
I seconded the motion to start one hour early every morning during the summer.
- to be dismissed or to end (used for a meeting)
"This meeting now stands adjourned."
Table a discussion
- to postpone a discussion until a later time
We tabled the discussion about the salary issue until the next meeting.
- to write down the details of a meeting
I usually take minutes at the monthly club meetings.
Hope you enjoy with these Indioms.